The NeuroErgonomics Lab at the Texas A&M Industrial and Systems Engineering Dept seeks aspiring PhD students who want to tackle human factors challenges in BCI, HRI, NeuroStim, Wearables, and NeuroErgonomics in the Wild. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and contact information of three references. Specific open post doc opportunities are also listed below.
Two postdoc opportunities in closed-loop human states predictions and support and human-autonomy teaming with the Texas A&M NeuroErgonomics Lab
Position: Post-doctoral Fellow
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2023 (in person)
Lab: NeuroErgonomics Lab (Director: Ranjana Mehta, PhD)
The NeuroErgonomics Lab in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Texas A&M University is seeking two post-doctoral fellows with strong backgrounds in human factors and ergonomics, cognitive neuroscience, HCI, or neural engineering to lead one of two extramurally funded research projects:
1) Human states predictions (e.g., stress, learning, fatigue) and closed-loop technological mitigations in controlled and field environments using wearable neuro/physiological/behavioral sensors; and
2) Multimodal brain-behavior mappings of human-autonomy teaming across increasing contextual complexities.
About the NeuroErgonomics Lab: Research in the NeuroErgonomics Lab utilizes theories, methods, and techniques from physiology, biomechanics, neuroscience, engineering, and psychology to better understand, monitor, and augment human health and safety in high-risk environments (emergency response, defense, energy, space explorations).
- Interested candidates should have obtained a Ph.D. by the start date (the position can start in Summer/Fall 2023).
- Knowledge of human factors theories and assessment methods (performance, physiological, and subjective assessments)
- Knowledge and experience in developing/applying computational techniques to analyze bio-behavioral data (e.g., neural, physiological, movement, or eye tracking)
- Excellent human subjects’ experimentation skills
- Strong programming skills
- A strong track record of peer-reviewed publications and presentations
- The ideal candidate will have proven talent to work independently with excellent interpersonal, communication, and mentoring skills
Contact Ranjana Mehta through LinkedIn for more information! Please send your curriculum vitae, statement of research interest, and names and contact information for two references who can be contacted for letters of recommendation to Dr. Ranjana Mehta.